To avoid permanent stains or damage, we recommend to clean up all spills as soon as possible. Before treating any spills, please familiarize yourself with your rug or carpet’s materials, as different fibres can react differently to chemicals and even plain water.
Bamboo / Art Silk / Viscose – do not wet your rug. Follow step 1 below, then seek advice from a professional cleaner.
For all other materials, we recommend following the steps below if spills occur. If you have any doubt, please consult a professional cleaner.
Designer Rugs recommends the use of the Capture Cleaning Powder by milliCare.
- Scrape up any solids with a spoon or dustpan, and carefully blot (do not rub) any liquid with paper towel or other colourfast absorbent material, working from the outside towards the centre.
- Sprinkle Capture Cleaning powder to completely cover the stain.
- Activate the powder by lightly brushing it in using the provided brush, using a north-south/east-west motion – do not scrub.
- Wait until totally dry, then vacuum up soil-laden Capture Powder – do not use a rotating or brush head vacuum as this can damage the rug.
- For coloured and highly pigmented products, such as paint, nail polish, lipstick and dyes, we recommend that you do not to treat these spills yourself, as it may result in a larger stain that will not be removable. We advise contacting a cleaner from our Preferred Cleaner Network.